Wednesday, November 24, 2010

As Promised...

I said I would share the pictures of what I was working on for my swap partner once she received it. It was my very first swap and I had a lot of fun picking things out for her and making things I hoped she would like.
Here is a group shot of what I sent:

The swap had an 'earth friendly' theme.

The requirements were:
*at least 1 skein of LYS quality yarn
*at least 1 handmade-by-you item
*something relating to one of their “other” hobbies.
*something reused, recycled, repurposed or otherwise “earth friendly”
*may include other fun goodies, knitting notions, treats or treasures
*Packages value should be approx. $25-40 NO
Reusable Grocery shopping lists that I had laminated.
Whiteboard markers to use on those lists.

2x 100g skeins of Canadian made 60% mohair/40% wool 
burgundy fingering weight yarn 
My partner likes to knit socks so I wanted to be sure there was enough yardage. 
She listed burgundy as one of her favourite colours. 
I bought this for her at the fleece festival in Woodstock. 
A glass jar repurposed to be a storage container and pincushion.
I added quilt batting on top of the lid and then 
sewed 2 layers of fabric over it. 


 
  The contents of the bottle. Things for her various hobbies.
Buttons, cross stitch thread, stitch markers and safety pins.
 
 
 

 
 
Various other items.
A Go Green frog magnet
A Canadian notepad
Smarties (chocolate) that isn't available in the USA
A Reusable sandwich wrap
GOLD embroidery needles for her embroidery/cross stitch 
A Reusable shopping bag 
I made up this pattern.
 
 
A knit nutcracker.
She collects them.
I made up this pattern as well. 
A DPN holder upcycled out of a placemat.
It has a front pocket with velcro tabs 
to hold other supplies or socks in progress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also sent a bar of dark chocolate that wasn't in the first pic. 












There was also a painting I did that had a tree on it with the words Reduce Reuse Recycle around it in latin. 
Unfortunately I didn't get a close up picture of it and my partner didn't post any pics. 
However you can see it in the background of the first picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment