Friday, September 24, 2010

A lot of catching up

My goodness! I can't believe how time has flown this last month. I'm busily preparing for my boyfriend's visit  the first week of October and my subsequent visit to his hometown. On top of that my nephew is getting baptized this Sunday and there are 3 birthdays in the next 2 weeks including my own. Lots of fun!

I have been busy crafting though. Let's see if I can do a quick recap for you of what I've made in the last month.

I finished test knitting this adorable knit-meself sheep by Phoeny on Ravelry.











I made a collection of MP3 player cases for a teacher friend on Ravelry. They're to protect the players she received for her students (K to grade 4) to help them with reading. They're great quick projects and fun to decorate.


I also started my Christmas knitting. I've made an adorable cadet hat for my nephew. Here's a pic from when I tried it on him to make sure it would fit.










For my mother so far I have made a hat to match the scarf she got last year and a moose dishcloth as she is moose-obsessed.




I made a pair of fingerless gloves for my aunt this week. Extremely plain garter stitch, but my mother picked out the pattern (over some lovely lace ones I had suggested!). She is allergic to metal and a few other things including wool. I'm hoping the lovely bamboo these are made of will both soothe her hands and allow them to heal as well as protect her from things like her keys and doorknobs.

Finally...I actually sewed! *gasp*
According to my sister (the sewing queen bee) I had bought all the wrong things to make a knitting needle case. The wrong fabric, the wrong interfacing, the wrong lining.

I was so upset at having spent over $30 on the mats to have them sit wasted that  I finally decided to try a smaller version and use at least the interfacing. I bought a pillowcase for $2 at the dollarama, they appeared to be solid blue in the packaging (turns out they're absolutely hideous, not well cut or seamed and have a bad dye job to top it off). I made it into this little DPN case.













I'm actually pretty happy with it, though I hate that you can see the sewn lines when it is rolled up. You wouldn't see that in the full size needle roll because the pockets are sewn to the lining. I've also since added the needle sizes in the top white line of each pocket so it's really easy to find what I want at a glance.







I also made 4 double batches of yummy yummy salsa with my mother. Hopefully it will be enough to keep us salsa-happy until next fall. :D
So that is what I have been up to. What is going on in your world?

For now, happy crafting!
*huggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment