Friday, June 25, 2010

A towel, A cloth, & A wizard

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. Time is just flying lately.
I've completed a couple more knitted items, and am in progress on another for a birthday gift.
First, I finally finished the boring old hand towel for my mother. I actually like how it turned out, though next time I'll do a longer decrease on the top to the 'handle'.




Second, I tried out a new circular lace cloth pattern I found online. I meant it to be a washcloth to go with a birthday gift of homemade sugar body scrub. Then my mother saw the finished product. She has claimed it as a doily. Guess I'll be making another one soon.
It only took a few hours to complete in the car on a road trip to Rattlesnake Point.

Hint: If you're terrified of heights like me, this may not be the best place to go for a hike. The scenery was spectacular though and we even ran into a few chipmunks.









Project #3 is yet another gift for a friend who is absolutely nutty about Alan Rickman (aka Professor Snape from the Harry Potter movies). Now I've never knit a 'doll' before. Nor have I knit doll clothes. So he has been a labour of love...and lots of trial and error. The body is finally done now. What do you think? Did I get his nosey profile right? :)
I've also finished his shirt and pants. They're....pretty bad. lol. I haven't taken pics of them yet. I will get some shots to put up in my next post.  I'm working on attempt #2 of his wizard's robe now. We shall see how it turns out. 














Until next time, happy crafting and be safe!
*huggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment